Part III in the saga of the renovating of our milling manager Danny’s house! He shows us his work on his newly completed the reno on the master bedroom.
He has lots more work to do so stay tuned!
This winter we restored the plaster walls and ceiling in the master bedroom using a method that involves drilling holes around loose sections of plaster and injecting glue. The glue reattaches the loose plaster back to the lathe. The walls are now solid again! We decided to restore the plaster rather than remove and drywall because of the mess involved. And in my opinion the plaster is a better product!
Plaster is more mold and fire resistant than drywall and also more soundproof plus the character of plaster was important to us.
We stripped paint from the original door window shelf and I built new closet doors.