Yacht Teak Oil
OLI-NATURA Yacht & Teak Oil is our universal exterior oil with a very effective long-term UV resistance especially for the treatment and care of yacht decks, verandas, pool surroundings and garden furniture made of hard or exotic wood types as well as pressure and vacuum impregnated softwood.
The oil produces a hard-wearing surface and highlights the natural colour shade and grain of the wood. The product is easy to handle and deeply soaking. The UV light from the sun is blocked effectively and the wood is protected from turning grey or brittle.
- 1L covers approx. 161 sqft.
- easy application
- high and long-term protection against UV light
- highly weatherproof and moisture-regulating
- suitable for hardwood and exotic woods as well as pressure impregnated softwood
- impregnates and protects
Test standards adhered to:
- In accordance with the Decopaint regulation
- DIN EN 71-3 (Security of toys)
- Free of formaldehyde and aromatics
- Does not contain biocidic substances or preservatives
Areas of application
For the basic treatment and care of all common hardwood types outside, such as yacht decks, verandas, pool surroundings and garden furniture.
Modified vegetable oils such as linseed oil; isoparaffinic hydrocarbon of pharmaceutical quality; lead-free drying agents, non-fading earth and mineral pigments, micronised titan oxide.
Storage time in unopened containers 12 months. Avoid temperatures over +30 °C at storage and transport.
Please find details of the labelling and safety information on our safety data sheet.
Roller and brush coating application :
- Sand the wood gradually with grain sizes 80/100/120. The surface has to be clean, dry and free of grease, oil, wax and dust. With wooden floors we recommend you to fill in the gaps with OLI putty and sanding powder before the final sanding.
- Stir the hard wax oil well and pour it carefully on the surface (approx. 40-50 g/m²). Then spread it evenly thin with a brush, spatula or a mohair roller.
- Let the hard wax oil soak in for 20 to 30 minutes. Then rub it in with an oil brush or, if you have a wooden floor, with a single-disc machine with a beige or white pad.
- After a drying time of 6 to 8 hours, repeat the application as described in steps 2 and 3.
- Depending on the humidity and the temperatures, the oil is hardened after 2 to 3 days. Protect the surface from water during this time.
Comments/notes on use:
- Drying data refer to measurements under everyday conditions of 20°C and 50% humidity.
- Do not paint wooden objects outside in damp weather or under
- direct sunlight.
- Sand damaged areas well and apply 1-2 layers of hard wax oil!
**Danger of spontaneous combustion! Do not ball up rags. Clean used cloths/pads directly after use or keep them in a sealed container filled with water. Dispose of empty cans or unused portion in accordance with local, provincial, and federal regulations.
Follow-up treatment and care:
Use OLI-NATURA yacht & teak oil two times a year or as required for refreshment and care. For cleaning we recommend OLI-NATURA outdoor cleaner.
The verbal and written recommendations for application which we offer based on our experience and to the best of our knowledge in support of the user are consistent with the state of the art in regard to technology and practice. These recommendations are, however, not binding and constitute neither a legal relationship nor subsidiary obligations in connection with the purchase contract. They do not relieve the purchaser of the obligation to control our products for suitability in regard to the intended use. This statement supersedes all previous versions. Version: April 2007
|Dimensions||8 x 6 x 4 in|