HS Colour Oil
OLI-NATURA HS Colour Oil is a pigmented, deeply soaking high solid oil made of modified natural resins and quick drying oils with which you can treat and colour new wood floors, as well as those in need of restoration, in a natural way and with only one application. The micro-sized, non-fading pigments soak into the top most pores of the wood and give the surface a long-lasting, water and dirt resistant colouration. The wood is still able to breathe, which has a positive effect on the room climate. Depending on the colour shade you can achieve a rustic or an exotic look. For more glazing effects you may add OLI-NATURA HS Professional Oil. Eleven transparent inter-mixable colours are available.
- 1L covers approx. 161 sqft.
- suitable for nearly all wood types
- can be used for impregnating and as a primer
- colours can be intermixed
- easy application, by machine and manually
- extremely economical
- skid resistant
- highly wear-resistant
- to be partially repainted
- absolutely natural, produces a healthy room climate
- Giscode Ö 40
Test standards adhered to:
- In accordance with the Decopaint regulation
- DIN EN 71-3 (Security of toys)
- Free of formaldehyde and aromatics
- Does not contain biocidic substances or preservatives
Areas of application
For the coloured basic treatment of untreated wood and cork floors.
Modified vegetable oils such as linseed oil; isoparaffinic hydrocarbon of pharmaceutical quality; lead-free drying agents; non-fading earth and mineral pigments.
Storage time in unopened containers 12 months. Avoid temperatures over +30 °C at storage and transport.
Please find details of the labelling and safety information on our safety data sheet.
Roller and brush coating application :
- Sand the wood gradually with grain sizes 80/100/ 120. The surface has to be clean, dry and free of grease, oil, wax and dust. With wooden floors we recommend you fill the gaps with Oli putty.
- Stir the oil well and pour it carelully on the surface (approx. 40-80 g/ square meter). Then spread it evenly thin with a brush, spatula or a mohair roller.
- Let the oil soak in for 20 to 30 minutes. If necessary, pour more oil on those areas where the wood has soaked up the oil at a faster rate. Then rub it in with an oil brush or green application pad until the surface appears saturated and not wet anymore. Remove surplus oil with a cotton cloth.
- After a drying time of 4 to 6 hours, do a final polishing with a cotton cloth.
- Depending on the humidity and the temperatures, the oil is fully hardened after 2 to 3 days. Protect the surface from water durinq this time.
Comments/notes on use:
- Do not apply at floor temperatures below 12°C.
Drying data refers to measurements under everyday conditions of 20°C and 50% humidity.
- Sand damaged areas well and apply 1-2 layers of oil!
**Danger of spontaneous combustion! Do not ball up rags. Clean used cloths/pads directly after use or keep them in a sealed container filled with water. Dispose of empty cans or unused portion in accordance with local, provincial, and federal regulations.
Follow-up treatment and care:
Use OLI-NATURA HS Colour Oil, mixed at a ratio of 1:1 with OLI-NATURA Oil Thinner, for refreshment and care. For common maintenance cleaning we recommend OLI-NATURA Wood Soap.
The verbal and written recommendations for application which we offer based on our experience and to the best of our knowledge in support of the user are consistent with the state of the art in regard to technology and practice. These recommendations are, however, not binding and constitute neither a legal relationship nor subsidiary obligations in connection with the purchase contract. They do not relieve the purchaser of the obligation to control our products for suitability in regard to the intended use. This statement supersedes all previous versions. Version: April 2007
|Dimensions||8 x 6 x 4 in|