Notes on ordering from us:
- Prices are based on a Net Tally, not a green tally. Don't pay for air; we do not charge shrinkage fees which is typically 7-15% of the board footage. Compare "apples to apples"!
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- No minimums. We have no minimum or maximum order limits and we do encourage you to select your lumber in person, if possible. All we ask from you is to leave the piles tidy when you are done.
- Quantity does affect pricing. Give us your best estimate.
- Custom milling available. Ask us.
- A 50% deposit is required to initiate all custom orders; with the final 50% paid prior to shipping.
- Standard lumber orders require 100% payment prior to shipping.
- Any company wishing to establish an account will follow the above guidelines for their first order. Subsequent orders can be placed on approved credit; following our credit guidelines.
What are the shipping charges? How is it priced?
Shipping is calculated on weight, dimension and distance. Delivery is often less than our customers expect. At the drop of a hat, we can supply a quote that includes both product and shipping. Remember that shipping charges become more economical the greater the quantity/weight. When calculating waste, it is better to err on the side of caution.
All North American orders are shipped via common carrier, courier or post; depending on the size and weight of the order. We have shipping discounts via contract that we pass on to you. Shipping charges do not usually increase proportionately; quite the reverse. The larger the order, the less the shipping charge per boardfoot becomes. Shipping is typically FOB Our Warehouse, Sidney, BC, Canada. Call for a shipping quote.
If there appears to be damage in transit, please note this on the weigh bill that accompanies the shipment and contact us. Our shippers have a good track record but sometimes the unforeseen happens. See our shipping page for more details.
Notes on Currency
All Prices are in Canadian Dollars and FOB Sidney, BC, Canada. American customers can use our handy currency converter throughout the site to compare prices.
Board Foot Calculation
All our "rough" hardwoods and softwoods are sold by the board foot (unit of measure) unless as otherwise noted. One board foot (Bd.Ft. or BF) = 144 cubic inches. The formula to calculate BF, multiply thickness (inches) x width (inches) x length (feet) and divide by 12. As an example, 1"T x 6"W x 8'L = 4BF.
All our veneers are sold by the Square Foot (Sq.Ft. or SF). Raw veneer will vary in size depending on the size of the log. Paper-backed veneer are generally 4' x 8' in size.
Waste FactsDo I allow for waste?
Feel confident that we will always select your order per your specifications. Remember that our stock is in a constant state of flux and that we will select your order to match your needs as closely as possible in an effort to eliminate waste. However, remember that you will nearly always incur a certain amount of waste; possibly as high as 30-40% in some species. Communication is the key!!
Also, remember that shipping charges become more economical the greater the quantity/weight. When calculating waste, it is more efficient to err on the side of caution
TermsWe accept Visa, MasterCard, Money Orders, Bank Transfers and Company/Personal Cheques. We reserve the right to hold orders until cheques have cleared our bank. Returned cheques are subject to a processing fee of $19.00. We do not offer COD shipping.
TaxesUS and International Residents - No Canadian Taxes; however Brokerage and Tariffs/Duties may apply.
Please inquire with your local government officials.
- AB, PQ, PEI, SK, MN, YK, NV, NWT - 5% GST
- BC - 12% HST
- NB, NF, ON - 13% HST
- NS - 15% HST