Ipe Decking Lumber & Deck TilesIpe is a strong, tough, resilient wood. It is olive-brown in colour; aging naturally to a light silver grey colour. It is twice as dense as most woods and up to five times harder with a density of 60-75 lbs/ft3. Ipe has the strength and durability of teak but is only one third the price. Ipe is perfect for exterior, commercial applications and can provide a lifetime of maintenance free beauty & service. It is a wood that is virtually indestructible by: Weather, Wear & Tear and Vandalism.
It is the best timber product for exterior use – PERIOD!!
- Harvested under the rules and regulations set out by IBAMA
- FSC Certified Ipe is also available for “Green Projects”
- The USDA Forest Service Forest Products Laboratory classified it as:
“Very durable 25 year service”.
- River Green, Richmond – this new housing development features Ipe benches and decks
- The Mark, Vancouver – Ipe benches and decks
- Pier Park, New Westminster – Ipe decks
- Station Square, Burnaby – Ipe Benches
- Surrey Memorial Hospital – Ipe benches
- Richmond Olympic Oval – Platform decking, without finish to allow the Ipe to weather.
- Coal Harbour, Vancouver BC – Aged park benches situated along the Sea Walk
- Kelowna, BC – Ipe Bench project for a Stuart Park.
- Victoria, BC – Empress Hotel, newly finished bench in Garden
- Powell River Water Front – Westview Waterfront Ipe railing profile
Ipe lumber is available in a variety of dimensions to suit your needs. Ideal for wood decking and exterior walkways.
Contact us for your specific requirements.
Cost effective, durable and easy to install, Ipe deck tiles are a great way to add style to your next project. Well suited for outdoor use, these tiles will age to a beautiful silvery finish or maintain their color when an outdoor sealer is used. Deck tiles are assembled with stainless steel screws and are pre-bored for the I-Connect system. I-Connect allows you to quickly and easily create a wooden deck on any well drained solid surface.
“Yes, the ipe tiles were picked up and they look AWESOME!!!!
I...can't believe what a difference they make!
Christy of Toronto
Ipe deck tiles are suitable for these and many more applications:
- Over existing concrete condo and apartment balconies
- On existing wood decks or cement patios
- Walk Ways Landscaping features
- Vacation Property Upgrades and Landscaping
|IPE TILES||STRAIGHT SLATS|
|Slat Width||2.625" boards, non-slip grooved|
|Average Wt. (per tile)||12.5Ibs.|
||19.685" (500 mm)|
|Width||19.685" (500 mm)|
|Height||1.18" (30 mm)|
|Surface Area||2.7 sq. ft|
Standard Unfinished Ipe Deck Tiles
All of our suppliers of Ipe follow the rules and regulations set out by IBAMA. The Brazilian Institute of Environment and Renewable Natural Resources - IBAMA, within the scope of its institutional mission of encouraging the correct techniques of intervention in nature, such as the management of forests in the Brazil, makes available, with this database, an important data basis. It is designed to be used by the forest industry and society in general, to help divulge Brazilian woods in both domestic and international markets. This database will encourage the commercialization of those species not well known in the market and allow forest management to be carried out with a greater number of species. This fact will increase the economic viability and, hopefully, reater utilization of sustainable forest management.