Green Speak on our Green Products
West Wind Hardwood Inc. offers a wide range of forest products from FSC® certified forests, as well as from recycled and salvaged sources. We value and respect wood, trees and our environment. They are our livelihood, and as such we promote their responsible use.
Price and availability varies according to volumes, grades, dimensions and other factors.
Contact us for a quote or for more information.
FSC Solid Wood
|FSC Softwoods:||FSC Hardwoods:||FSC Exotic Hardwoods|
West Wind Hardwood Inc. are able to source most FSC Certified & Rainforest Alliance Certified species, if you don't see it above, email here, to see if it's available.
FSC Plywoods & Marine Plywood
- FSC RUSSIAN BIRCH FSC PLYWOOD - Russian Birch is available in thickness ranging from 6mm – 25mm in 4x8 sheets and grades of B/BB, BB/BB, and bonded with no-emission Phenol glue.
- FSC BRAZILIAN PARICA PINE PLYWOOD - Brazilian FSC Parica Pine is available in thickness ranging from 6mm – 18mm in A/B grade, in 4x8 panels and bonded with no–emission Phenol glue. Parica Pine is white in color and very light weight (18mm = 48lbs)
- FSC INDONESIAN MERANTI PLYWOOD - Indonesian FSC Meranti is available in thickness ranging from 2.7mm – 18mm in BBC grade; bonded with E-0 emission Urea based glue. (Formaldehyde emissions range from 0.03ppm to 0.045ppm). This FSC Meranti is also available in no-emission Phenol glue.
- FSC JOUBERT OKOUME MARINE PLYWOOD - The Okoume specie is used extensively in wooden boat building for its ideal strength and durability-to-weight ratio, and is grown only in the equatorial west coast of Africa, manufactured in France. All Joubert Marine Okoume is FSC certified.
Bamboo produces up to 35% more oxygen or “O2” than an equivalent stand of trees. It is the fastest growing plant on earth, growing to full height in 6 months and achieves harvest maturity in 5-6 years. Bamboo does not require replanting. New growth occurs from the existing root structure which also helps prevent soil erosion. Bamboo yields up to twenty times more material than wood, with a single root structure producing nearly 200 poles in the time it takes one hardwood tree to reach maturity.
Mature Bamboo has similar density characteristics as that of domestic hardwoods and is not a food source or habitat for the Giant Panda Bear. More Info. Check out this current special!
Providing endless opportunities in creating the look of the most common, to the most exotic and rare species. Combining computer design and technology enables EchoWood products to reproduce the natural appearance of nearly any species. More Info.
Solid Wood Flooring:
- FSC Douglas Fir: Manufactured with wood sourced by FSC certified forest units. It is available in vertical, flat or tight knot and custom dimensions.
- Recycled Douglas fir: Manufactured from recycle wood material. This flooring is seasoned with history. It is available in mixed grains.
- FSC maple and Oak Flooring - FSC certified Maple and Red Oak hardwood flooring 3/4" solid flooring.
- FSC Teak Flooring- This teak comes from Costa Rica. Its natural colour varies from golden to golden brown. This FSC certified product comes with an attractive Honey stain.
Oli-Natura Oils & Waxes - Environmentally Friendly
Made largely from renewable resources: natural vegetable oils and nature related raw materials & meets many European health and safety standards:
- Low VOC meets decopaint regulations
- Resistant to saliva and sweat (DIN 531160)
- Child Safe for Toys - Part 3: Migration of elements (DIN EN 71-3)
- Free of formaldyde and aromatics
- Does not contain biocidic substances or preservatives
Highly productive; only one to two applications are necessary. Breathable and moisture-regulating; producing a healthy environment.
West Wind Hardwood Inc. are proud to be the only distributors of the Oli-Natura range outside of Europe.
To find out more about our Oli-Natura range, please visit our Oli-Natura pages.
EcoPoxy- The Safest and Naturally Derived Epoxy
Odorless, non-toxic, safe, non-conductive, versatile and price competitive. It is the SAFEST EPOXY available today.
Beginning with its ingredients, EcoPoxy® draws its strength and resource from the plants of the earth through its component of nuts and beans, it is a revolutionary resin. Carbon emissions from the use of these products are close to zero, compared with carbon emissions of other petroleum based resins.
EcoPoxy® adheres and laminates to:
- Steel Fiberglass
- Concrete Surfaces
For more information on EcoPoxy visit our EcoPoxy Systems Pages.
The first environmentally safe, VOC free, Non-Toxic, clear 'micro-film' coating. Works on all species of wood and protects it from Mould and Mildew. Also seals wall cavities and sub-floors and adds years of life to fencing, posts and shingle siding!
Other Benefits include:
- Dries Clear
- UV Resistant
- High coverage rates
- Soap an water clean up
- Safe for food stores and agriculture applications ... PLUS MORE!
For more information visit our Lumber-Seal Page.