West Wind Hardwood Inc.’s Mandate
- Source fine, quality lumber
- Foster appreciation of fine woodworking skills, from novice to master craftsman
- Support ecologically sound forestry practices
West Wind Hardwood Inc.’s Goals
1. Customer Commitment
We are committed to listening to the customer; ensuring there is mutual satisfaction. No minimum/maximum purchases expected. All projects are important whether you are the professional or the hobbyist.
2. Source Quality Lumber including Unusual Dimensions and Grain Figuration
We are located on Vancouver Island for two reasons:
- To personally ensure and maintain a quality of life, which includes being in the centre of the World’s prime boating waters.
- Vancouver Island, BC, Canada offers some of the best boat building woods and premium softwoods in the world. We work with many small mills; keeping in constant contact. Although we are not a high volume player in the field of lumber commodities, we are more selective and prefer to offer our customers a higher-end product. YOU cannot be everywhere but WE can ensure you have access to quality lumber. We can ship anywhere and we DO! We are willing...are you?
3. Share Knowledge
We offer a combined 100+ years of custom woodworking, boat building and appreciation of wood. our accumulated knowledge is invaluable and should be shared.
"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on.
It is never of any use to oneself." Oscar Wilde
4. Avoid Waste
This is a long-term commitment for us. Waste should be avoided, especially when the use of living organisms are involved. We offer a reliable sources for quality recycled softwoods and hardwoods. We strivefor a better way of doing business: ethically, efficiently and environmentally.
Something else to keep in mind...
Also, when selecting your order, we will select the very best that we have at the time of your order. This includes choosing the lengths and widths best suited to your project. Remember that you will nearly always incur some wastage, and some woods are prone to defects; but to avoid unnecessary waste, communication is so very important. We need to know your needs and expectations...in return, we will contact you prior to shipping and advise your of our concerns, if any. As an alternative, you are always welcome to come in and select your own material.
Remember wood is unique...no two pieces are the same...and therein lies the beauty!